The future of solar | E.ON
1. Smithsonian Magazine: A Brief History of Solar Panels
2. Eurostat: Renewable energy on the rise: 37% of EU’s electricity
3. EIA: Solar explained – Solar energy and the environment
4. Gov.uk: Government takes historic step towards net-zero with end of sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2030
5. These are example figures only. Savings are based on a south-facing property in central England with a 35-degree roof tilt and no shading, with electricity consumption of 4,900 kWh (with the customer at home all day). Saving assumes 14 x 360W panels (5.04kWp) fitted with a 10.4 kWh battery, generating 4,712 kWh/year, with an electricity cost of 21.0p/kWh, and if electricity prices rise by 6.8% year on year.
6. The research was conducted by Censuswide between 27.08.20 – 02.09.20 with 1,000 UK respondents who are prospective homebuyers in the next two years.
7. Solar Power Portal: Residential solar boosts house prices by average of £30,000
8. Viridian Solar: The Energy Performance of In-roof PV