World Climate Forum NORTH AMERICA 2021
This year’s World Climate Forum NORTH AMERICA 2021 takes place virtually on September 22 during New York Climate Week and the United Nations General Assembly on September 22nd, as the second Forum in a series leading to COP26 via Europe. World Climate Forum NORTH AMERICA 2021 Series will benefit from World Climate Foundation’s major convening experience in the North East United States and successful partnerships alongside New York Climate Week.
World Climate Forum NORTH AMERICA will feature an online global community of selected key stakeholders including government representatives and policymakers, business executives, institutional investors and financiers, thought-leading international organizations, and representatives from non-governmental organizations, derived from our community of 25,000 members.
World Climate Forum NORTH AMERICA 2021 will gather senior policymakers and high-level public and private actors from around the world for action-oriented discussions on advancing net-zero targets across all sectors, required to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees, as well as accelerate the green recovery and adaptation.
Through a strong and engaging digital platform, World Climate Forum NORTH AMERICA 2021 will present opportunities for the advancement of global climate goals and momentum towards COP26 through public-private collaboration, innovation, policy regulations, and sustainable investment strategies.
Present opportunities for the advancement of global climate goals and momentum towards COP26 and in line with the “Build Back Better” recovery plan through public-private collaboration, innovation, entrepreneurial solutions, and sustainable investment strategies.
World Climate Forum NORTH AMERICA 2021 Series aims to strengthen public and private sector partnerships supporting the implementation of short to long-term action towards a green economic recovery and reaching climate goals.
Out of gallery
Key Themes at World Climate Forum NORTH AMERICA
- North America’s Race to Net-Zero – Progress through Policy and Innovation
- Net-Zero Emissions by 2050 – Boosting Climate Resilient Infrastructure
- Towards a Clean Energy Revolution – Innovating Policy, Partnerships & Investment Models
- Accelerating Clean Transportation – Making Far-reaching Investments, Policies and Innovation to Catalyse Progress in America’s Mobility Sector
- Advancing the Green Recovery through Cross-Sectoral Coalitions and Transnational Finance
World Climate Summit is known as the premier business event for cross-sector decision-makers at the COP for more than 10 years. World Climate Summit – The Investment COP will attract a selected mix of high-level representatives from the public and private sectors including businesses, financiers, governments, policymakers, innovators, academia, and environmental influencers.
Speakers (partial list)
- Brenda Mallory, Chair, White House Council on Environmental Quality, TD Bank Group
- Nicole Vadori, Associate Vice President and Head of Environment, State of Massachusetts
- Kathleen A. Theoharides, Secretary, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Ceres
- Lindsey White, Investor Network Director, ClimateWorks Foundatio
- Ilmi Granoff, Senior Director, Sustainable Finance, Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA)
- Miranda Ballentine, CEO, Jacobs
- Gary C. Thomas, Transit Market Director – Americas, Air Liquide America
- Michael Graff, CEO, World Climate Foundation
Click here to join the event
Check out all sustainability events for a complete list of all upcoming and past conferences, webinars and summits.